Tuesday 27 March 2007

A hard day at the nursery

My first day as full time care giver is over and I'm exhausted.
I feel I've never done so little or, at the same time, worked so hard. Babies don't seem to do much but when you're not attending to their immediate needs (and there are plenty of them) you're racing to clean up and put away after them to get ready for then next session before they wake up. It's all go. The new thing in the daily mix today (babies needs change daily as they grow) was to learn to drink water from a cup. And we did! Tommee Tippee is now greeted with chubby out stretched arms and goldfish like gestures of the mouth. We can pick him up but as yet, can't work out how to dock with the mother ship! I guess it will only be time and practice that make that link for her.

A calm clear day again, weather wise, and at a personal level I discovered Bach's Leipzig Chorale Preludes. So intricately structures yet at the same time, so simple and so restful. Just what I need after a hard day at the nursery.

No comments: