Friday 13 April 2007

The Clash of the Titans


I'm not sure if babies today are more energetic than they were in the 70's, but all this baby minding has me run ragged, and I'm only a part timer! No night shift for this old feller. No wonder traditional wisdom had been to have your family while you were young enough to cope. However modern lifestyles now mean that one in five women world wide have their first baby at age 35, or above. And there are many benefits associated with this trend such as a more established lifestyle and greater affluence.

However from the other side of the fence Nancy London, Canadian author of 'Hot Flushes, Warm Bottles' described this phenomena as 'The Clash of the Titans,
When Maternity meets Menopause'
Well, as a granddad I've never experienced either of the above, but I certainly notice my ebbing energies being challenged by Sujin's growing enthusiasm to chew up each day.

Now, what was that story called again, the Hare and the, oh yes, Tortoise, thats it.

No comments: