Monday 4 June 2007

Who really calls the shots?


Three weeks ago I strained a mussel in my shoulder. 'Parents arm', the Physiotherapist called it, from picking up babies! Anyway it was still troubling me at church yesterday, so I decided to invite a little 'divine intervention' and went forward for prayer. "What would you like prayer for John". Father Steve asked. My arm, I thought to myself, but to my surprise I heard myself say. "for someone whose life may be in danger," As he laid his hands on my head to pray I had a very clear image, like a photo in my mind, of a young boy, 7 or 8 years old splashing in the surf of a sun drenched ocean beach. The person I was concerned about did have a little boy, but he was only 2 years old, so I dismissed the incident as a bit of a day dream and went on with rest of my day.

This morning, when I checked my friends blog site guess what was centre page. a photo of a boy, 7 or 8 years old splashing in the surf of a sun drenched beach and a note below it saying life was back to normal, what ever 'normal' is in Gaza!

Often we think of ourselves as puppeteers, masters of our own lives, of our own destiny, but perhaps there's someone behind the scene who really pulls the strings? Thanks be to God.

1 comment:

Heba said...

Dear John and Anthea ,
You have an amzing blog. I love it and thank you for your support of Palestinians and Sujin is very cute :)