Monday 11 June 2007

Don't look now John . .


. . but it's finally happened. Suburban neurosis has set in! The challenging boundaries offered last year by the Sahara, the Himalayas' and the Serengeti have finally given way, not to soap operas, but only because I don't have a TV, but to vicariously living through diminishing horizons of other peoples blogs, downloaded news podcasts, talking to the baby as though she understood every word and: horror of horrors, writing letters to the editor.

This final stage, acting out, I believe it's called has finally tipped the balance. You see I was encouraged by a lead article in the local news paper, the Dominion Post, exploring issues, still unresolved, on the 40th anniversary of the Six Day War, and I felt moved to congratulate the editor. This morning, I find my letter published firmly along side the 'rantings' of one who was definitely not amused by the article. Needless to say, I wrote again, reinforcing my view and now am probably committed to the debate should others decide to buy in.

Oh well, at least it's better than talking to yourself!

1 comment:

david santos said...

Thanks for you work and have a good week