Friday 29 June 2007

Call me cynical if you like


Don't get me wrong. I genuinely admire Tony Blair and hope that he will make a good envoy for peace in the middle east?

Call me cynical if you like though, but what happens to international oil prices when there is trouble in the middle east? Which two countries control the majority (if not all) of Iraqi oil? What would become of the international arms industry if he succeeded. How would the return of so many thousands of US soldiers impact a sagging US economy and does the West really want peace in the middle east, or is it all just so much political'spin'?

Well, I guess he'll make a much more acceptable envoy than George W, but it's still a little like sending Hitler to advocate for those in the concentration camps. Don't you think?

No comments: