Tuesday 25 March 2008

It must be a girl thing

I have been looking after my 16 month old Granddaughter since she was a tiny baby.

Her mum drops her off around 7am, then she's mine till after five. Each morning we have breakfast, cereal and fruit, then I dress her for play.

However this morning, just after I had dressed her, she vanished back into her room emerging several minutes later waring only her singlet and nappies and carrying a replacement set of clothing, cloths more to her liking and different shoes.

Shoes that weren't the ones I had chosen.

Although she doesn't talk yet she, never the less, made it abundently clear that this was the outfit she was waring today and that I should re dress her.

Immediately.

Funny how we strive to make children independent then, as soon they are we wish they weren't.

No comments: