Friday 7 September 2007

Building a new identity


For many years I has a poster on my study wall. It showed a rag doll caught between the huge wooden rollers of an old fashioned washing mangle Beneath it the caption read,

'The truth will set you free, but first, it will make you miserable!'

The image was a great sauce of consolation and hope to me as I struggled to get my life together back then and the rag doll and I shared many adventures over the years.

I'd all but forgotten her, and her depressingly jaundiced view of life, till today as I tried out day one of living outside my old identity. I knew she was right, and that truth was the one thing that would allow me to move on, but what is truth and do we really have to do the misery bit again?

Afraid so John . . . . .

Alright then, where do we start? What's here beneath the ego that I Can use? Let's see, hmmmm transparency, haven't seen that in a while . . . (last used 10 September 1992.)

OK, lets start rebuilding with that. At least we'll all be able to see what's going on then.

No comments: