Wednesday 9 May 2007

Shades of Gray


By comparison with me, Sujins mind is so uncluttered. Every situation she encounters is of equal worth and recorded, without prejudice or past experiences, at face value. Nothing is ever strange or weird or offensive. It just is, what ever it just is.

It was probably like that for me too at 6mths, but then it changed. When I was a young man, life still seemed un complicated, but in truth, things were simply either black, or white. If they were black I just disregarded them out of hand, and if they were white, I simply popped them away with the rest of my prejudices. Life scarcely skipped a beat no matter how complex the issue. It was easy, but the price was high. The prejudices of my world view had robbed life of it's mystery and it's awesome magic, a perspective Sujin is now helping me rediscover, with all its many shades of gray.

"Alas that Spring should vanish
with the rose!
That youth's sweet-scented
manuscript should close!
The Nightingale that in the
branches sang,
Ah, whence, and whither flown
again,who knows? Rubaiyat - Omar Khayyam

NB - First tooth broke through 4th May!!!

No comments: