Tuesday 19 August 2008

The Cold Peace


Hearing both sides of news story certainly makes you stop and think.
We spent 4 glorious weeks in Georgia recently. We had a great time and made lots of wonderful friends in this warm and hospitable country, so naturally we were horrified to see the advance of Russian tanks on the streets of Gori and feared for our friends in Tblisi.

Yesterday however I watched the Russian TV News Channel and was equally disturbed to see first hand the death and destruction wrought on the citizens of South Ossetia, and the very real humanitarian crisis that exists there.

It showed a perspective I've not seen explored in any western media, and it makes me wonder, who are the true victims of propaganda -

- them, us or both of us? .

2 comments:

Miss Froy said...

I know I've no need to talk...but what's going on with you John? I'm eager to hear how your "adventure" is going!

John Mullis said...

Dear Miss Froy
Delighted to hear from you. All's proceeding according to plan. Am doing a 'blended'(Christian/ Muslim) Ramadan month of prayer and fasting for World peace and greater Interfaith understanding. Have a Reteat weekend with the Bishop in two weeks then off to meet my new grandson (number 3). He lives in the southern lakes area of the South Island NZ. Sorry I've been a bit quiet on the blogg - just lots of private stuff going on.